How much does it cost to feed my dog the best healthy dog food?
EVERY dog owner deserves to know they are doing their best for their furry love.
I have done the math for you, let's find a few options that work for you!
My average food list is based on a 50lb dog so we can make a general budget PER MONTH.
Note: may vary widely based on your choice of protein (up to 20% more cost on a monthly basis)
- Grain-free Balanced Homeade Diets: $300-400
- Pre-made Raw Frozen Balanced Diet: $300-400
- Mail order fresh food from a nutritionist (contains grains): $300-600
- Dehydrated Pre-mix Balanced diet: $250-350
- Dehydrated Pre-mix add your own meat: $180-400
- Minimally processed kibble: $150-200
- Veterinary prescription diet for allergies/IBD: $140-160 per month, plus medications
- Blue Buffalo: $60 per month
- Purina $40 per month
WANT HELP FINDING A COMBINATION OR SPECIAL INGREDIENTS?
We have been studying this for you.
Note: I have put this list together based on hours of research and alignment with my standards. I am not employed or commissioned by any dog food company. The links below will support my website with a small commission - please feel free to use. them and share them on your social media so I can send you coupons.
THE DIY LIST IS BELOW...
RAW dehydrated food: a complete diet - $100 - $150 per month
Feeding Duration estimates are for an average 50lb dog
Free Range Beef w/ veggies
Wild Caught w/veggies
Free Range - w/ veggies
Note: This diet is not sold on Amazon.
Options for Grain Free: Pre- Mix Add your own meat diet - 1 lb to 1.5 lbs per day
NOTE: if you are feeding raw with bones please consult a nutritionist to balance the calcium and phosphorus first unless your frozen raw is complete and balanced!! This is not for you.